Thursday, March 19, 2009

With one razor sharp claw

Slither slit the nylon cord binding my wrists, and hauled me roughly to my feet, his blaster pressed against my ribs.  He marched me to a cell in the brig, and locked the door.  On the little table, there was a big plate of enchiladas, with beans and rice.  "Eat hearty little human." leered the lizard..."I want you to be nice and fat when I put you on a spit and roast you over the coals at my hatching day party next weekend.  Oh, by the way you are cordially invited!  Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!"Well, I was hungry, so I ate.  There was even cold beer....just that lousy Old Lizard Breath, though.  Don't know how they drink that stuff all the time.  But it was cold anyway, which is good, because the lizards always put too many chilies in their cooking.  Later, when the lights dimmed, I tried to get some sleep on the narrow cot.  I was just dozing off, when all of a sudden I was tossed to the deck as the ship lurched violently and listed hard to starboard.....klaxons sounded, the lights flickered on and off.....explosions could be heard far aft, near the engines.....the cell door cycled open, and the P.A. instructed all passengers to follow the flashing arrows to the lifeboats.

No comments: