Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dream Journal # 7

I was asleep. Or was I awake. No, no, I was asleep. A S L E E P. In a dream, the dreams I always took a small Coke. It's icy bottle cool against my hand. It was summer. Summer all around. It was late July, maybe even August. The heat was deafening, only in the shade could you take a spell for awhile. Looking out that the cracked soil. Weeds busted out and withered and died. It was that kind of summer. I had in my pockets, peanuts. I took one out and popped it in my mouth. The salt tasted good. Then I spit out the shell and got down to the nuts. The sun was drifting across the sky. Down by the dump there was a Dodge left over from another time. It sat, broken down, the wheels long gone, it was pitted by the sand. The seats were gone. I took a seat where the driver once sat. Made a clicking noise when I had to shift. Over the the "garden" the hose was on. Leaching the sand. Getting Tomatoes and Squash to come up. All around them snails were petrified by the dust my bother-bot laid around them.

"Do not let Rachel come near here."

Rachel was the dog-bot. A German and a mixed breed. Rachel was nice. The Mom-bot hated her. Of course the Mom-bot hated most things. It was her that let Rachel near the garden. The bother-bot was out fencing a new post half a mile away when the Mom-bot came a clanging the bells. Dressed in a high top pants, a cheery blouse. The Mom-bot was convulsing worse the Dog-bot. As the Dad-bot came running, all squeaks and tumbling.

"Damn you I say! Did not you hear!"

He swore.

"Look at your Mom-bot, shacking on the floor."

"It was not him, Rachel got out, I damn that dog-bot...."

This was something the Dad-bot had not heard before. Shit if it was not me well who was it? Was it him?

He swore some more.

I was asleep. Or was I awake.......

No comments: