Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lost in space, again....

I dashed to the closest lifeboat, jumped in and slammed the hatch behind me.  Yanking the emergency override levers, I powered away from Slither's ship before anyone could stop me.  I went to the default escape vector, and the gravatron motor revved up towards redline as I put the pedal to the metal....energy beams sliced through space, as the ship on Slither's tail traded weapons fire with the smuggler craft.  Slither is a smuggler by trade, so who knows what's going on....could be an Insect patrol cutter on to him, or it could be one of his nasty cousins after his hide.....lizards seem to have lots of family feuds.....but, knowing Slither's history, it was probably just another drug deal gone horribly bad.  I quickly disabled the lifeboat rescue beacon and transponder, trying to get lost from this part of space anyway quick as I could.  Passive GPS was still working (Galactic Positioning System), so later I could get a fix, and try to angle towards some traveled spacelane.  Slither, of course, hadn't been using any normal flightpath.  There were emergency rations on board, and water enough.  It was that spicy lizard fare, but there was also a large bottle of alka-selzer.  

No comments: