Saturday, February 23, 2013

Embarcadero lounging

    Some Pures were lounging on the embaracadero and a bunch of Cosmos came strolling along.....with studied indifference they ignored each other.....this is good, we like to keep the peace on the station.....of course Pures aren't really very pure in this day and age.....natural humans don't have blood nanos and cyber link implants.....but they are still more natural I guess than the Cosmos with their semi alien DNA and Machine Culture amendments....conservatives and liberals....the past and the future....right and left .......age old problems.....
     I don't know what I should call myself...I was natural born of a man and a woman, but during the last war I was mashed all up in combat down on a dirt ball and found half dead by a Machine unit that used Elder tech on me to keep me alive and eventually rehabbed.  ...but now my RNA doesn't quite jibe with my DNA.....and I think some Quarantine officials might say I was at least to some degree Cyborg, and so Undesireable in some local societies....mixed blood .....a monster?
     At least here on the Frontier we all have to tolerate each other .....just surviving sandwiched between Human Hegemony and Machine Establishment is enough trouble, without fighting amoungts ourselves......it all does make for a lively bar scene and nightlife...you can see any damn strange thing you might want going on around here.....and plenty you might not want ......
     Let me tell you about last Thursday late down on Whisky Street.....

No comments: