Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I woke up

and found myself stretched out on a floral pattern sofa in a large white room, looking up at a trey ceiling with light mahogany accents. I sat up and saw three windows and a closed door. The window behind the sofa showed the sun a little above the horizon, with morning mist tinged pink and gold. The window to the left gave a view of a walled garden at noon time, with clear blue sky and the sun beating down hotly. In front of me the last window presented a view of forest descending a slope down into a valley where a river ran with the sun just setting beyond the distant hills, gloaming sweeping into the hollows.....I realized that this was a very strange room, or at least it was in a very strange place.....I regarded the door with some trepidation.....

No comments: