Friday, February 17, 2012

smokin' ghost host

After a week subjective human time into the voyage chasing the Wandering City I was rethinking some assumptions I had made about my passengers.....to begin with, the folks I had taken to be a bunch of scumbag dope-heads on the lam from a deal gone bad turn out to be nothing of the sort....they are in fact an esoteric shamanic cult seeking wisdom that might be hidden in the City.....what they are smoking isn't really a "recreational drug".....it's a spiritual catalyst that allows the user to reach a mind-state conducive to enlightenment and growth as a galactic being....
Adelia, a young lady of the group, was telling me the other day something I hadn't heard before about mutants like her who had some machine cultured DNA in their genome....machine made biots apparently all have a quantum communication link bred into their brains, so the Machine Ghost in the God Cloud processors can be in constant contact with any linked individual, no matter what their spatial-temporal situation is.....machine children are never lost....
And the dragon-mind pair.....of course they are linked to Dragon Realm at all times by a transcendent wave function....so I'm the most isolated entity on board it seems.....even ship-brain is linked always to Galactic Navigation.....my own link to the Wandering City isn't really much more than a scent on the star-winds....not any solid connection with any band-width to speak of.....but the dragons and the pilgrims still need me as pilot, since not even God Cloud or Dragon Realm have any information about how to get to the City.....it just wanders too much....

No comments: