Thursday, August 4, 2011

in the dawning

I look through the narrow tower window and look out over the mists rising off the glades below the castle.....a fairy maid somehow senses that I am up and about, and comes through the stone wall in the strange way of the folk here, offering me cider and cheese and bread for a breakfast.....actually, what they call "first breakfast"....a little something before the early morning romp over hill and dale which all here participate in....dashing about in the coolness of the morning.....a little later folk will assemble on a terrace for proper breakfast, with eggs and kippers and bacon and scones....."breakfast wine".....and exotic fruits with names I do not know.....
I will run and dance and sport with the younger folk of the castle through the hours until noon, when a more formal meal will be served in the Great Hall......here Grandfather will take me in hand, and on into the afternoon I will receive the instruction that I was brought here from Earth to garner....
I learn of the noumenal, which is unknowable......my life here is beyond strange, which is why I was brought here still young......

No comments: